Anytime Hot Air Balloon Ride
Whether celebrating a big birthday bash or treating your partner to an anniversary surprise, a hot air balloon ride is an experience everybody should at least try once in their lifetime. Choose from an amazing selection of locations to set off from, rising to a steady 2000 feet. Gain unparalleled, panoramic views across the countryside below – soaking up the outstanding natural beauty, high above the small folks as they go about their day to day lives below. There’s no better way to appreciate the splendour of the great British countryside. Finish your experience with a glass of Champagne to celebrate the special occasion.
- Take to the skies with a hot air balloon ride for one
- Available Saturday and Sunday for morning or evening flights
- Toast the occasion with a glass of bubbles after landing
- Travel from a choice of launch sites throughout the UK
- All flights are provided by certified CAA approved operators
- Availability Description
Available Saturday and Sunday from April to October, excluding bank holidays.
- Participant Guidelines
Maximum weight 18 stone. Minimum height 4'6''. Minimum age is 8. Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult. Those who are pregnant or under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted to fly.
Ballooning is extremely weather dependent - it is crucial to call the venue before the flight. If postponed, an alternative date and location can be arranged (please contact the operator for information).
Actual flight length is determined by conditions on the day. The experience normally lasts around three hours, including one hour for inflating the balloon and one hour for packing the balloon away and returning to the launch site. Please note at the following locations only for Wickers World (Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire or Gloucestershire). They do not offer champagne however the flight time is extended by up to 15 minutes.
- Numbers on the Day
Share the balloon with between 8-16 other flyers, plus a qualified pilot.
- Dress Code
Wear trousers, long sleeves and sensible footwear (no high heels please). Please avoid loose scarves or jewellery. Bring a hat - heat from the burner overhead can be intense. Launch and landing sites can be muddy.
- Reading - Berkshire (South East)
- Great Missenden - Buckinghamshire (South East)
- Ashdown Forest - East Sussex (South East)
- Braintree - Essex (South East)
- Basingstoke - Hampshire (South East)
- Winchester - Hampshire (South East)
- Watford - Hertfordshire (South East)
- Tunbridge Wells - Kent (South East)
- Oxford - Oxfordshire (South East)
- Guildford - Surrey (South East)