Behind the Scenes Tour with a Footplate Ride and Lunch at Didcot Railway Centre for Two
Based in Oxfordshire, Didcot Railway Centre is home to steam engines, wagons, buildings and coaches from Great Western Railway. Delight in the chance to go behind the scenes with an exclusive tour of areas normally closed off to the public. A knowledgeable guide will lead the way around the signal boxes, the guard's compartment and the workshops where historic vehicles are carefully restored and maintained. Enjoy the opportunity to control the trains using the 1960's Swindon Panel. An expert will demonstrate how to keep the trains running smoothly using a virtual mainline. The highlight of this experience is climbing aboard for a trip on the footplate of a steam engine. Be swept away for a timeless adventure and enjoy a two-course lunch in the Refreshment Room.
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour with a knowledgeable guide at Didcot Railway Centre for two
- Climb in the cab alongside the driver and fireman for a footplate ride on a steam engine
- Savour a delicious two-course lunch in the Refreshment Room
- Entry to the museum and the 1932 Great Western Railway Engine Shed
- An interactive signalling session using the restored Swindon Panel
- Availability Description
This voucher is valid for two people. Available on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and selected weekends and holidays, from April–September. All dates are subject to availability.
- Participant Guidelines
Minimum age: 18 years. Please mention any dietary requirements at the point of booking. Participants must be reasonably fit and able to climb on the footplate.