Introduction to Outdoor Bouldering for One
Head to the beautiful countryside of the Peak District for a day of outdoor bouldering. During this exciting adventure day for beginners, there will be a chance to learn important safety and bouldering techniques. Learn mat placement and spotting and be taught how to move in the right way on real rock. This course will also cover the use of guidebooks and grading systems. Bouldering is essentially climbing boulders without the use of ropes or other rock-climbing equipment, adding that extra level of freedom from a safe height. Enjoy plenty of one-on-one time with the instructor and join a small group for an incredible day of adventure outdoors in the UK. Take on some exciting challenges throughout the day and feel confident to try bouldering again in future.
- Enjoy an outdoor bouldering course for one
- Understand safety techniques, such as spotting and mat placement
- Learn how to move effectively and efficiently
- Discover several bouldering locations in the Peak District
- Use guidebooks and get to grips with grading systems, ethics and etiquette
- Receive complimentary refreshments, which include tea and coffee
- Availability Description
This voucher is valid for one person. Available on selected dates, year round. All dates are subject to availability.
- Participant Guidelines
Minimum age: 13 years.
- Numbers on the Day
Enjoy this experience as part of a larger group. The instructor to participant ratio is 1:6.
- Dress Code
All technical equipment is provided, including bouldering mats and rock shoes. Please wear clothing appropriate for the weather and comfortable footwear. Make sure to bring a good supply of snacks and a drink.