Introduction to Horizontal Caving for One
Experience the ultimate day of exploration in the Peak District with this caving day for beginners. After arriving at the training centre, kit up in equipment and prepare to explore two horizontal caving systems. Learn the safety aspects behind an exciting caving adventure, be taught about equipment and how to use it, plus understand guidebooks, grading systems and more. This caving day covers all the essentials for an enjoyable experience underground. Get set up for the ultimate adventure and discover a hidden world where the walls are made of fossils and stunning crystal formations surround narrow passages. Move with confidence and navigate under the supervision of an expert guide. Gain valuable knowledge and skills, working towards further success in the future.
- Prepare for an introduction to horizontal caving for one in the Peak District
- Explore two horizontal cave or mine systems
- Gain essential skills to help plan a safe and enjoyable caving trip
- Learn about personal caving equipment and how to use it
- Understand guidebooks for caving, surveys and grading systems
- Feel confident with safe and efficient movement and navigation skills
- Complimentary refreshments, which include tea and coffee
- Availability Description
This voucher is valid for one person. Available on selected dates, year round.
- Participant Guidelines
Minimum age: 13 years.
The day will start at around 9.30am and finish at 4.30pm.
- Numbers on the Day
Enjoy this experience as part of a larger group. The instructor to participant ratio is 1:8.
- Dress Code
All technical equipment is provided, including a helmet, head torch and over suit. Please wear a warm top or fleece, synthetic tracksuit bottoms or thermals, a warm base layer, thick socks and a warm hat, plus bring a change of clothes and a towel.
- Other Info
Please bring spare change as some caves require a trespass fee of approximately £3pp. All dates are subject to availability.